This post was published onto this space mistake, it was supposed to go onto our church youth blog – but I’ll not remove it because it’s one of our young guys’ take on some of the bible (1 John chapter 2)
Dear friends, I am not writing a new commandment for you; rather it is an old one you have had from the very beginning. This old commandment—to love one another—is the same message you heard before. 8 Yet it is also new. Jesus lived the truth of this commandment, and you also are living it. For the darkness is disappearing, and the true light is already shining.9 If anyone claims, “I am living in the light,” but hates a Christian brother or sister,[a] that person is still living in darkness. 10 Anyone who loves another brother or sister[b] is living in the light and does not cause others to stumble. 11 But anyone who hates another brother or sister is still living and walking in darkness. Such a person does not know the way to go, having been blinded by the darkness.
• Love is the main source of Christianity .Its pleasing to God, because every part of Jesus’ life was full of love. And he proves this by living a selfless life and ultimately dieing for us.
• Verse 8 shows Jesus was a sincere loving ,forgiving, merciful person ,this is a true Christian in Gods eye ,not religious monuments !!
• No one’s perfect ,at times we all argue and act hatred against are brothers and sisters(spiritual and non-spiritual) .But learn from your mistakes and ask for forgiveness. Eventually we’ll get there:D
• Finally, The greatest commandment of all “love your neighbour and God”
Just reflect on this.
Take some time to consider….
• Is there anyone in your life ,who is struggling and needs your love and care..?
• Will you make that decision today to love people ,even if they have hurt you or let you down(its hard I know)..?